Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Irresponsible = Failed Phone Chain


I’m not referring to these phone chains.  The phone chain I’m referring to is the passing on of messages received via your phone call / messages down to a line of people for whom you’re responsible for in fowarding the messages.

Today marks the second day that my youngest is absent from home – on a week long school trip.

Since his departure yesterday, though I missed him, I am certain he’s in safe hands.  But the man was feeling uneasy as we did not receive any news whatsoever from his school on his safe arrival and no updates on the school blog either.  It was a total blackout for us.  Well, to me no news is good news.

The man’s uneasiness, though, was contagious enough for me to log onto the school blog for updates and read a message from a parent to his son that he was so jealous to know that the children had arrived safely and having a great time!  Then it struck me – the phone chain!  I sent a text to the parent who was to be my up-line in the phone chain to ask if she had received any news to which she simply replied that they are doing fine.

Now that IMMEDIATELY got me mad!  That means this irresponsible #@&*# had been receiving the updates and even had the time to write posts on the school blog to her beloved son but did not care to carry out her responsibility to pass on the messages to her next in line of the phone chain!  What did I do?  Well I of course picked up the phone and gave her a piece of my mind.  Her excuse “Oh I was not feeling well” to which I asked was that the reason or was it simply that she forgot or could not care less?

Did I offend her?  Yes, sure I did but she sure did deserve what she got from me.  If she can have the time to write on the blog proclaiming she was missing her son, she jolly well can afford to just press two damn buttons on the phone to forward messages that she was supposed to.  Otherwise, don’t take the responsibility to be on the phone chain!  Really irresponsible #@&*#!



Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.  ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.