Monday, March 5, 2012

Youngest took his first flight

Restless and excited – he simply could not sleep.  Turning and tossing till 1.30am.  That was my youngest early this morning and it must had been about 2am before he finally fell asleep.

This morning my youngest took off for his first trip independent of his family.  He is spreading his wings and having the very first taste of independence.  Flying across the ocean to Borneo to experience living in a rural community for five days.

The night before he was busy packing his bag.  He kept reminding me that his bag can’t exceed 7kg. Having seen what we had done when we were packing for his elder sister before she left for Scotland, my youngest took the weighing scale and put his little bag on it to make sure he packed within the 7kg permitted! 
Having done his packing, he went off to bed counting the hours till the sun rises.  But he was simply too excited to fall asleep. So he embarked on a little journey of restlessness, tossing and turning before sleep finally enveloped him.

Before he knew it, the alarm clock rang and it was time to get ready.  Getting ready, it was like another day for school only this time with a bigger back pack on him.  It made my heart swelled with pride that my little boy has finally ‘grown-up’.  It was a bittersweet feeling.

Then at the school, his Papa and second sister hugged him.  It was so sweet to see my youngest was shy to be seen hugged by his Papa and second sister in front of his school friends whilst at home, he is always the huggy kissy boy! 

Up the bus he went.  The bus' lights came on and the engine roared to life.  My youngest was practically bouncing in his seat with excitement.  I was so happy to see him waving goodbye to me happily. 

There went my youngest to Borneo for five days – flying across the ocean to live, work and play in a rural community where he’ll meet people from the local villages and get involved in village life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.