Friday, March 9, 2012

Peace & Quiet


Right now, at this moment all my children are abroad and the man is away having fun with his friends.

I’m all alone enjoying the peace and quiet.  In a few hours, I shall be taking the peace and quiet exit.

Last night I told my younger teenager that I felt bad in a way because I was not missing my youngest, who had gone for a week long school trip to Borneo, that way that some of his school friends’ parents are missing their children.  The school had set up a blog and I could read from some of the postings by the children’s parents that they are really missing their children.  Some of them went to the extent of having sleepless nights dreaming of their child and longing for their return.

Don’t get me wrong.  I do miss my youngest but not to the extent that my life come to a stand still.  My younger teenager gave me the reason that I’m used to my two elder children leaving for trips on and off, thus when it was my youngest turn I’ve just gotten use to the fact that they’re not around some of the time.  I must say, I do agree with my younger teenager. 

This morning, it’s my younger teenager’s turn to leave for an overseas school trip for a badminton exchange.  Last night it was a noisy night at home with her packing frantically and finishing off whatever school assignments before going to bed.

Much later this evening, my youngest shall return from his Borneo trip with scores of adventure tales.  The house will again be filled with a child’s chatters, trail of dirty clothes on the floor, hollers of instructions to tidy up room, hugs and kisses being exchanged before bed time.  These are noises and activities I hold dearly and treasure.


For now, peace and quiet – which I shall enjoy to its fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.