Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thank you, friends

Friends are like warm security blankets to me.  They come in all shapes and sizes.    My friends allow me to be who I am without the fear of being judged.  They allow me to think out loud no matter how ludicrous my ideas / thoughts are.   Tell me off when I am in the wrong and point me to the narrow path.

Of course my best friend is my pillar of strength who took (and is still taking!) my nonsense for more than 20 years and counting!  Mood swings, tantrums, stubborness, hard-headedness and stupidity - all in. 

There are girlfriends (sister & SIL included) whom I can rely on to hear me out.  Without fail, they'll boost my morale.  Been through the rebellious youthful years with me, always very diplomatic in their opinions no matter how crazy I am.  Then there are the courageous souls who tell me off and spar words with me,  always unfazed whilst I always go on a rampage.

Then there are my fantastic cook friends whom I can just call to say "Hey I need to talk - be there in 5, and oh please cook me something - hungry-lah!"  If friends are at home, the answer is always a 'yes' without doubt.  I will just popped up at the doorstep, get into their respective houses and settled myself at their dining tables.  Venting, ranting, rambling - depending on my mood whilst that dear friend is cooking away for me.  Filled my stomach and then off I go with a peck of "thank you" on friend's cheek. 

There was this fantastic guy-friend whom I could just call and off we go for drinks.  Crazy clean fun.    May his soul rest in peace. The other guy-friends including brother, we can go for months not communicating or meeting.  But when we do meet up, it's like it was just yesterday we met and we talk non stop. With these Adam species I can be ME!

I'd lost contact with two friends for many many years.  We met up again recently and these dear friends encouraged me to start my fitness regime again - thank you, dears.  Because of you I am exercising again regularly.

Yeah, being my friend is not easy cos I can be crazy, demanding and sometimes (yes, I can sense some eyes rolling reading this 'sometimes'?) overbearing.  I hope I have been and will continue to be a friend to you just as you have been to me.

I am dedicating this post to my friends who understand my past, believe in my future, and accept me today just the way I am - I "thank you"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.